1. How did I feel during planning this presentation? Why did I feel this way?
While planning our groups presentation I felt stressed and under confident. I feel like I could have put more into my group and by the time I saw both Lincoln A and Radical A present I was about to rip my hair out! Kiana’s and Lisa’s presentation were simply.......amazing! They took the pie! I received an undersized slice.....or maybe a crumble. By the time their grades were given, an average of about 63 or so I knew it was game over for my group......
2. How did I feel prior to presenting? Why did I feel this way?
I felt nervous, inferior, and deeply saddened. Regretful, frightened, guilty, and completely vulnerable.
3. How did I feel while I was presenting? Why did I feel this way?
I felt nervous and a bit short of breath but I continued the best I could manage. I felt this way due to my small slides and my lack of public speaking skills.
4. What did I personally do well?
I did a good job practicing for the
5. What did not go as desired in this presentation?
Well there were a lot of technical difficulties. I had to restart my slides two time because I barely touched the track pad as I reached for the spacebar. How embarrassing!
6. On a scale from 1-10, how well do I think I understood the content? Explain.
I think 8 would be satisfying! I knew the main basis of the argument and the bills structure and I could go into detail but I admit there was more I could have done.
7. How do I think my group members perceived me? Why do I think this?
I’m pretty sure they thought I was way stressed out and I bet they were tired of my glum attitude. Now that I’m thinking about it I was kind of acting sulky! I should have instead encouraged my group members!
8. How do I think the 8th graders perceived me? Why do I think this?
I think they have a pretty good image of me due to my Lorax and even the presentation. I was surprised when the debate was over to be flowered with praise! I thought I did terrible and yet the 8th graders must have saw something they liked.
Knowing that I can only control how I act and react, if I could do this presentation again, what would I change about my actions to make it a more ideal experience?
I feel that I didn’t put enough effort into my group. I also feel that my group lacked effort or instead they were missing the encouragement and help that they would probably receive if they were in Kiana’s group... Our group was highly disjointed and if I could do it over I would added as much spark as I could to my slides as well as others.
9. What are my strengths in groups?
I’m hardworking, good natured, and usually open minded.
10. What areas do I need improvement?
I need to work on confidence and Ineed to work on looking at my group as a whole instead of just my part.
11. What is the most important thing I learned about myself? Why is this so important?
I learned that I need more confidence especially in my group. This is important because next time I’ll be sure to support my group.
12. Are there any other things that I need to express?
The most surprising thing that happened was that my group didn’t do as bad as I thought. I am very grateful to Luke who managed to take the stage! The whole time I was thinking “Go Luke go!”.